AFP Faculty Training Academy
AFP's "train the trainer" program that helps ensure quality in education by providing formal training for prospective faculty and instructors of AFP's professional development programs.
Participants receive comprehensive, hands-on training in adult education principles, learning styles, classroom management, assessment, and other related topics.
Learning objectives include:
- Apply adult learning concepts to make training programs more engaging and participatory.
- Conduct effective and interesting presentations that engage, challenge, and invigorate learners.
- Use innovative training techniques to create course-specific games, simulations, exercises, case studies, role plays, ice breakers, and energizers.
- Handle difficult trainee behavior and manage the classroom environment.
- Develop lesson plans.
- Effectively use visual aids to supplement and reinforce training programs.
The course is worth 15 CFRE continuing education credits.
Course eligibility requirements & expectations – Participants must:
- Possess extensive experience in the nonprofit sector and thorough knowledge of the fundraising profession.
- Regularly participate in continuing education in fundraising, with a minimum of 45 contact hours within the previous three years.
- Maintain current AFP membership.
- Maintenance of CFRE credential is helpful but not absolutely necessary.
Course graduates are asked to serve as faculty for a minimum of three AFP courses for the 2-year period after graduation. These AFP courses include AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising and AFP CFRE Refresher Courses on behalf of AFP and AFP chapters.
Additional Faculty Training Resources
The webinar recordings linked below provide additional perspective for teaching AFP courses. Please note, these webinars are *not* a substitute for full participation in AFP Faculty Training Academy.